Welcome to Thrifty Mama
If you are loaded, looking for a discount on designer goods- this ain't for you sister. If you've got your hands and feet full juggling work, play, 14 kids, on your own, with a partner, whatever your weather.... if your looking at the 14c in your bank account and want to stretch it to a dollar, mama this is for you!
I'm all of those things, and more of course. I'm a Naturopath researcher and writer living in Australia, I've got 3 kids under 10 and marital problems. I work 3 days a week and am currently saving for a new loungeroom rug and a one way ticket to Europe for me and my kids. Through hard ship and life's ass whoopin, I've found myself on the wrong side of the cash register wondering how the heck I'm going to put food on the table AND get my hair looking right. There are ways. I have read numerous blogs and articles on 'save yourself some money' and I'm here to tell you, saving $40 on a designer bag that was $1200 but is now am impressive $1160 speaks to all of 3 suburbs in this town, the most expensive city to live in the world!
What my family and friends have filled me in on is, that somehow, this little mama's skills rest in finding a bargain and thinking outside the box to get your shit done and your gorgeous babies fed. It's a hard world out there ladies, I'm not interested in spending half my pay on rent and nothing else. There are some ways to really save in this town and overseas...you just need a little bird to get you seeing what was right in front of your faces all along.
If you don't mind the odd curse word and need to know how to get your son the Star Wars lego he desperately wants for Christmas, stay tuned.
No comments:
Post a Comment